26 March 2013

Guide to Glorantha KS Update

It has apparently become extremely fashionable in the rpg blogosphere to write bad things about Kickstarter-funded projects. They're late. They're only in for the money. They don't even have a draft. It'll never be published. And on and on.

Well, Rick has recently posted the latest news with regards to the Guide to Glorantha Kickstarter-funded project, which I am reproducing below:

As March quickly draws to a close I wanted to provide you with more information about all the work that continues on our Awesome Guide to Glorantha project. In the broadest sense it all boils down to three simple words: words, maps, and art. As for words, the page count keeps steadily growing as Jeff works through the epic stretch goal new material. What started out as a 400 page text-only document has grown to 500 pages, with more to be written. I will be sending out a new "sneak peek" pdf tonight. No need to ask me for it. We're harnessing the latest dwarven technology and will send you a link to download it. As for maps, enormous doesn't begin to describe them. We looked forward to the "big kahuna" map of Genertela being basically 2 meters tall and 6 meters wide. I was chatting with Colin (Main Map Man) when he casually dropped into the conversation that  the overall map of the world would be more than 12 metres by 12 metres at regular size. Yeah, regular, not zoomed in, size. Another sampler of some of the latest cool places will go out this week for all to revel in their glory. As for art, the 25+ colour pictures keep rolling in. We have brought on several new artists to help meet the production timeline. You all have been very patient, and we are doing all we can to keep the machinery moving. We'll have more art samples in our next update.

While I still do not believe that I will be receiving my parcel in May, I have a feeling that June may still be quite reasonable a target. Anyway, I guess I'll have more information after the Eternal Con in May. As for advancement, I have received the link mentioned by Rick above, and I have downloaded the PDF draft document: 523 pages without any art. Can you just imagine the size of the final product once it gets all the art in?! Also I have seen the central Genertela part of the map mentioned by Rick above and it is really huge, beautiful and detailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment